SCOTT’S A FAN. We can always depend on him to submit and occasional offering—and offer a comment or three on other pages. Here’s his latest submission.
1. Please, please, please break away from that sans serif headline face. Find something new. This is too heavy—and certainly too wide.
2. Neither photo is dominant. I find myself going back and forth across the page, wondering which you want me to focus on.
3. Placing the large “W” in a square hole draws attention to the trapped triangular white space after the “W”. I’d have readjusted the type to run slanted next to the “W”.
4. Why is the “W” in a different typeface from the lead head and the drop head? It conflicts with both.
5. Too bad the tops of the branches were cut off in the photo on the right. Leaves me wondering what they looked like.
6. Widow at the top of the third leg. Sheeesh!