DESIGNER/EDITOR AMANDA sends along a recent food page from The Daily Times in Maryville, TN.
FROM AMANDA: “Have a page. I’m kind of pleased with how this one turned out so I thought I’d pass it along to you. Hope you’re doing well! Amanda”
1. I like the use of the photos.
2. Looks like there’s some horizontal scaling going on in the “Little goes…” headline.
3. Thank you for keeping the recipe in a module! Your readers thank you, too.
4. I like the idea of the “NUTS” headline done with the nuts. But…I don’t like the vertical headline—mostly because we read from left-to-right and not up-to-down. Though the look is catchy, I just don’t like vertical heads.
5. Perhaps you could have used something with greater visual interest, like the closeup of the walnut below. I love the bumps and curls and curves and highlights in this photo. Use it big, as the lead photo, with the other photos smaller? Whaddaya think?