RENÉE HAS SENT ALONG a few pages for review. We’ll check out two of them this week and two more next week. The first two follow.
1. I’m not turned on by the use of the overlines (HARBOR SPRINGS, PETOSKEY…) but if that’s now part of your style, so be it.
2. I love the lead photo, but not the use of the different sizes in the Pure Michigan headline. It’s distracting.
3. There seems to be a lot of vertical space between these packages, but I’m thinking that somehow the rules dissecting those spaces were dropped in the jpg you sent.
4. I like the bottom package, with two exceptions:
a. Do you really think the gas price package matters to your readers? I mean…are they really gonna drive all the way to Traverse City to get a break on gas?
b. Let’s do what we have to to get the UPC code on a transparent background, so the white doesn’t stick out here. Looks odd.
c. Oh…and the weather icon looks silly. Get photos!
FROM ED: Overall, a good page. I like the owl pic.
But a couple of points on the blood package:
1. The red “blood” in the headline seems a bit too obvious and a cliché.
2. The graphic is good, but I tend to be more literal in graphics and the two seconds is really more like 5-7 seconds on the stopwatch.
A question: are we no longer doing teasers to inside packages?