EVERY YEAR, Kristin has fun putting together an Oscar Awards page. She has submitted this year’s attempt for our review and comment.
Thought I would drop off my annual Oscar page to place on the blog. Let me hear it, what were your likes or dislikes? I’m always trying to top myself each year.
Sorry, Kristin, but this one leaves me somewhat disappointed.
1. The gradient screen in the left column is a step backward for you. You’re usually more creative and your work is usually more refined. I could have accepted this from someone with lesser skills than you.
2. The envelope at the top of that column appears to be a computer-generated element. Such elements, because they are computer generated, offer readers something that isn’t realistic and can put a dent in our credibility. My advice: Don’t even bother with such elements, unless you can find a photo of the “real” thing.
3. The red outline of the Oscar isn’t as good as a photo.
4. I like the placement of the Franco/Hathaway photo.
5. Not sure about placing “THE” in the “O”—it feels out of place.
So…is Ed being too picky? What are your thoughts? Jump in!