RENÉE OFFERS A COUPLE MORE PAGES for comment and review. No note from her this go-’round, so we’ll get right down to it!
1. The top photo is glorious! For years, I have been a fan of wolf photos: Every Christmas, my cards feature a picture of a wolf. This is one of the better wolf pix I’ve seen.
2. The FIRST WINTERFEST type face reinforces for me all the reasons behind my mantra: Ed. Does. Not. Like. Funky. Fonts. It’s a further example of someone choosing a funky font rather than doing something graceful, elegant and wintery with the type faces you have. I know, Renée, that you are not a lazy person or a poor designer. But to me the use of a funky font is lazy and poor design. You can do better. Much, much better. Why limit yourself this way?
3. What “ice blue” will you use? The color in the headline or the color on the “If cabin fever…” pullout? Choose one and use it throughout.
1. Love the top photo, but the others leave me underwhelmed.
2. Did you consider placing the top photo right up under the red bar at the bottom of the section flag? That ribbon of white is a bit distracting here.
3. I’d have nudged the second row of pix a bit to the right, leaving a bit of negative space on both sides, rather than having it all on the right side.
That’s it from Ed. What are your thoughts? Let’s hear from you!