KRISTIN’S BACK WITH ANOTHER Harry Potter page, this one coinciding with the recent release of the latest Harry Potter film.
FROM KRISTIN: “I’m a Harry Potter fan, so when my editor gave me this assignment I was gleeful. I Photoshopped the background and used cutouts to set the Potter mood. The top article is our staff writer’s story on his trip to London and looking for all the Harry Potter scenes from the films. The bottom is an article about the movie itself. Wanted to see what you thought. Let me hear it!”
1. The positioning of the visuals is nicely done.
2. Nice use of the Harry Potter typeface here, in the headline and the drop cap. But remember: Ed. Does. Not. Like. Funky. Fonts. Despite that, it works here.
3. I’d have taken the time and trouble to rid myself of the white outline around the top of Harry’s right shoulder and left lapel.
4. The runaround on Harry’s head is too tight for me.
5. I like the background. It adds depth to the package.
6. Does anyone you work with (managers, other editors) ever give you a hard time about placing elements over the section name? I’m no purist on this point, but I know others can be. Just curious.
Overall, a really nice page. Let’s see what others say!