Let me know!
Daily Archives: 11/08/2010
JEANETTE HAS BEEN WATCHING this blog for some time, and has offered some pages in the past. Now, she comes to us with a redesign…exciting!
Her note follows, then the pages, with comments from Ed.
LAURI’S GOT A BRAND NEW BAG! She has often submitted pages from her newspaper, the Journal Review. Now, she offers us some pages from their new sports magazine. Her note follows, then eight of the pages, with comments (natch!) from Ed.
1. Like it….but did you consider also placing the other player in front of the nameplate?
2. Will you always be using the red, yellow and black?
3. Not sure I get the connection with the photo and the lead teaser about bullying and hazing. Am I missing something?
1. Clean and uncluttered. Did you consider using a pullout to break up the text?
1. Nicely done.
1. Can’t stand the logo with the question marks.
2. Like the idea of the pop quiz.
1. Also can’t stand this logo. I think you can do much better with this and the Pop Quiz logo.
2. Not sure about the yellow screen (on this and the right page). How about trying something like torn paper? The Greer items had actual edges of file folders and I remember a ring from a coffee cup. Those give the elements a strong sense of reality. These screens are…well…screens.
1. Like the photo with the paper clip, but…the photo is perfectly aligned and the shadow around it is perfect. Again…this is not realistic. Having said that, it’s better than many.
1. See my comments above about the photos and the screens.
1. Gray. Gray. And…gray.
So…is Ed being toooooo cruel? Does he demand toooooo much? What are your thots? Jump in!