THIS WEEK WE CONTINUE to look at pages from The Derby Informer. Here’s page 3, with some jumps, a column and another story or two.
1. The “Calls” jump is only seven lines. Jumps that are short like this are a frustration for readers, who will ask: “I came here…for THIS???!!!
2. Widow at the top of the second leg on the library column.
3. Bad wrap in the caption on the “Signs” jump. Would be better if it were set flush left.
4. Excessive space between the “Signs” jump and the library column.
5. Rules would help readers differentiate between packages.
Looking for comments from others…let’s see what they say.