PUBLISHER ROGER RECTOR sends along a brief note along with his front page submission.
“We would like your opinion on our front page. Color varies from week to week, but this is the weekly setup. Thank you.”
1. I’m not sure what Roger means by “Color varies from week to week…” but I hope it doesn’t mean that the nameplate is yellow one week, green another, red another…
2. The page needs more visual elements. It’s totally gray below the fold. Stories are far too long.
3. Spacing between stories and lines of headlines is inconsistent.
4. Wordspacing is a problem in the list of names in the bottom left corner.
5. Teasers need a redesign—especially to kill the round-cornered boxes.
This page indicates the need for a full redesign for the Ida County Courier.
My thoughts…what are yours?